At Steins Pillar, students and staff share the adventure of learning. Using a quest based model, students create solutions to real-world challenges, collaborate with experts and local community members, and they learn by going off campus. We believe that learning happens everywhere: within our classroom, in our community and neighborhoods, and in the vast outdoors of our region. Steins students explore and navigate the world through authentic experiences. Students build a close-knit community both inside and outside the walls of the school.
Clear Communication Skills, Well Read, Culturally Competent
Digital Literacy, Lego Robotics
Advocacy, Conservation, Pollinators, Solar
Visionary Thinking, Career Minded, Thought Consciousness
Stewardship & Leadership
Community Service, Recycling, Government
Physical Health, Mental Health, Recreation, Safety
School Hours: 8:10 a.m. – 2:25 p.m.
School Doors Open 7:50 a.m.
School Lunch K – 2 11:10 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
School Lunch 3 – 5 11:40 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
School Dismissal 2:25 p.m.
Our Mission and Core Competencies
- We believe in fostering life-long learners. Steins students develop strong communication skills including listening, speaking, writing, reading, and reflection through experiential education. Academic mastery is optimized through a thoughtful balance of interdisciplinary study and authentic experience.
- We believe in developing innovators. Through taking risks in a safe, inclusive, and diverse community, students develop collaboration skills that foster a shared voice.
- We believe that it is our responsibility to live and work sustainably within our community and environment.
- We believe in looking to the future. Inclusiveness, transparency, and diverse community help our students become career minded and visionary thinkers.
- We believe in stewardship and the power of serving our community. Steins students are caring citizens of the world.
- We believe in being life-fit. Our school is a place to build physical and socio-emotional health as well as intellectual character.